Our guild members enjoy creating raffle quilts. Members contribute blocks to collaboratively create a beautiful quilt. Raffle tickets are sold to raise funds to support guild programs and charities. Learn more about where your money goes when you support our guild.
Our newest raffle quilt, Timeless Tradition is a design by Julie Hale, and it is a beauty. The blocks were sewn by many guild members, and members Penny Burchfield and Sheila Fredette did the beautiful appliqué work. Members Gail Von Hoene of Stitch Meisters did the phenomenal custom machine quilting, and Ann Acquilano embroidered the label. The quilt is 90″ square and was completed in April of 2020.
Listed below are places where you can see the quilt in person and purchase tickets at $2 each or 3 tickets for $5.
- Asheboro Antiques and Craft Fair – April 11
- Millstone Creek Outdoor Market – April 24 in Ramseur
- Flamingo Sale – April 17 in the parking lot of Davis Street United Methodist Church in Burlington
- Sewing and Quilting Expo – August 5-7, Raleigh Convention Center
- Uncle Eli’s Quilting Party – Thursday, October 7, 2021 – rescheduled from traditional first Thursday in April. There will be no drawing for quilt at this event – have to wait until April!
- Gate City Quilt Guild Show – October 8-9, Greensboro
The drawing for the winning ticket is scheduled to take place in April of 2022 at Uncle Eli’s Quilting Party. The Coronavirus pandemic is limiting our opportunities to sell tickets and display the quilt and at shows and other events. Check back for updates on when and where we will be with the quilt. Meanwhile, you can reach out to any guild member to purchase tickets.
A few closeup photos of the quilting are shown below, and you can also check out additional photos showing details of quilting on each block.
Past raffle quilts
You can also check out the stories and photos of our past raffle quilts.