Welcome to Burlington Carousel Quilters located in Burlington, North Carolina. Our purpose is to educate our members through lectures, workshops, demonstrations, classes, and mentoring; to support local charities with donated quilts and quilt-related items created by members; and to share the beauty of quilting with the community.
For more about what we do, explore the menus at the top and/or learn about:
- Upcoming programs for 2020 – a schedule of planned programs and workshops. Note our meetings and Saturday sew days for April through August 2020 have been cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Check back for updates on meetings beyond that.
- Where you can find us in the future – to buy raffle quilt tickets or handmade items
- Where your money goes when you support our guild with donations or when you buy raffle quilt tickets or sewn items at our craft fair booths
- Past programs – summaries of our meetings with photos of quilts from speakers and members
- Past community events – read about and see photos of events we’ve participated in and where you will probably find us in the future
Be sure to check out our 2020 raffle quilt – it is a beauty, and we hope to be able to have opportunities to sell tickets once it is safe. With the postponement of the Uncle Eli’s Quilting Party on April 2, 2020 due to the Coronavirus/Covid-19 pandemic, we drew the winning ticket for our 2019 raffle quilt anyway on April 2nd. The winner was Robert Steiger of Snow Camp, NC. Robert was excited to receive the phone call letting him know his was the winning ticket. The quilt was delivered to Robert on April 21.
We meet on the second Tuesday evening of each month throughout the year from 6:30-8:45pm at Davis Street Methodist Church. At monthly meetings, we learn and get inspiration from guest speakers and one another by sharing projects and techniques.